Shoe care and sizing
You may love a footwear wardrobe in a spectrum of fabrics and colors, here is all the info you need to know when and how to select and care for each one
Use our size guide to assist you in figuring out the correct size to purchase. Remember, when determining what size to purchase, keep in mind US and European sizes are NOT equivalent to each other. A US size 8 would not be a 38, but rather a 38.5 or 39, depending on the style and whether they come in half sizes. Always consult with our size charts or chat with us to ensure you are ordering the correct size in each style as each style can run a bit differently. For example, shoes with narrow and lower toe boxes, like ballet flats, tend to run smaller than loafers.
Suede is the perfect clean, classy fabric with a warm winter feel for your fall wardrobing. The best way to care for this rich, but delicate fabric is
1. Pre-treat it with a good, reputable weatherproofing spray. This protects the fibers from stains and water. Respray the suede after cleaning it every few weeks.
2. Use a good suede brush (typically made with coarse bristles) to remove dirt and imperfections. Always allow mud to dry overnight before brushing.
3. Use a suede eraser to spot clean
4. Keep the shoes in the correct-size shoe trees between uses
5. Unless they are 100% waterproof, avoid wearing suede in slushy, wet, or inclement weather
6. Treat water stains with water. Counterintuitive as it sounds, use a lightly dampened suede brush or rag to wipe down the entire shoe and then insert shoe trees to maintain shape.
7. Use a reputable suede renew after cleaning to revitalize your footwear and give it a new look
Velvet is a luscious, deep fabric that adds depth and dress factor to shoes. They're really versatile and easy to maintain, much more than suede, as velvet is a synthetic fabric, typically lined with leather, while suede is made from the actual animal hide.
1. Pretreat new velvet footwear with a reputable weatherproofing spray. This protects the fibers from stains and water. Respray the velvet after cleaning every few weeks to maintain.
2. Spot clean velvet with a damp cloth. Just as velvet clothing is easy to wash and maintain, spot cleaning velvet typically removes imperfections.
3. When velvet shoes rub against each other in the box, or during use, it's normal for the nap of the fabric to appear as though it is stained. Simply steam the velvet with a steamer or kettle (just allow the steam to touch the shoe, not the hot metal) and watch stains and imperfections disappear.
Just because it’s a boot or bootie, does not mean it is intended for winter weather or nasty elements. It’s especially important to note whethe ryour boots or booties or synthetic or real leather, which if not waterproof or weatherproof, will get warped and really weather-beaten in snow or rain.
If your boot or bootie does not specify any water or weather resistance, it is essentially just a taller shoe and aside for keeping your warmer, provides no better protection than any shoes.
So now for all those terms and what they mean.
Water resistant footwear- typically only suedes- are treated with a chemical spray to keep water out, but are not designed for standing in snow, puddles, or slush. Therefore, there will be seepage and your feet will get wet in very rainy or snowy weather, or by standing in a puddle or snow. Weatherproof and water repellant essentially mean the same thing as water resistant.
Waterproof footwear are treated, usually with a thin additional layer, to be impervious to water and keep you completely dry, even in deep snow or standing in water. You want to look for guaranteed waterproof on your boots or booties that your wear when the weather turns really wet.
Toe Box: The area in the shoe between the upper and sole wherethe toes rest. With proper tools, shallow toe boxes can be lifted to make morespace for the toes. In shoes like ballet flats, where the toe box is shallower,when the shoe feels snug, it is not necessarily due to the length being short,but due to the top of the toe box pressing on the toes. Stretching the toe boxupward with a specialized tool can relieve that pressure.
Returns and exchanges
We want you to love your new shoes, but in case you need to return or exchange them, here is the information you need to know.
Please CLICK HERE TO START A RETURN and follow the prompts. Once your return is approved, a return shipping label will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your order. It may take up to 2 business days to receive your return label. Keep in mind orders need to be scanned by the shipping carrier within 7 days for a full refund. If shoes are returned after the 7 day return window, refund will be issued as a store credit. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DROP-OFF RETURNS at our warehouse. All returns must be made via Soletto return shipping labels. You will receive an email confirmation or refund within 5-10 business days of receipt of your return.
If you want a different size or color of the style you purchased, or a different style shoe, place an order for the style you would like immediately to ensure it will still be in stock. Visit our return center and follow the prompts to make your return. The shoe being returned for exchange must follow all guidelines and criteria for shoes being returned. Your credit card will be credited once the shoe being returned is received at our warehouse. Please note that there is one complimentary shipping label/exchange per order. Please notate that you are making an exchange with your new order and we will credit the shipping charges. Customers are responsible for shipping both ways on exchanges made on exchanged merchandise. Exchanges after 14 days will not be accepted.
Only try leather-soled shoes on carpet, as tile or hardwood flooring will scratch the sole and render the shoe worn. Please include the box and all packaging in the return, or we will have to charge a 15% restocking fee if any packaging is missing or damaged.
Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions regarding shipping. If you don't find an answer here just shoot us an email or chat with us.
As of now, Soletto only ships within the USA. Due to taxes and duties it is not very cost effective to shop for shoes internationally. Yet, if you would like for us to ship to another country, email us and we can arrange it for you.
Aside for preorders, orders typically ship out between Monday and Friday within 1 business day. Depending on your location, shipping can take from 1-5 business days.